C.A. Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Requirements Delayed Until 2021
- New harassment training deadline is January 1, 2021, & once every 2 years for supervisors
- Employers who complied with the training requirements of SB 1343 in 2019 will NOT have to retrain their employees, instead, they can stay in accordance with the 2 year cycle
- For example: A supervisor who received training on July 30, 20 I 9 will not need to be retrained up until July 29 ,2021
- Newly hired supervisors & those promoted into the position MUST receive the required training within 6 months of assumption of this role
SB 778 only delays the requirements of SB 1343
- Employers with 50+ employees must continue to comply with the 2 year training cycle for those in supervisory positions
NOTICE: Attorney advertising; Attorney licensed to practice law in California only; Not intended as legal advice; No attorney- client relationship created hereby.